This week was much better than last week – thank you
Jesus! For one thing, I was able to go
back to work! I still wasn't cleared to
drive, so Henry was my personal chauffeur all week. :) I had my follow-up appointment with the ENT doctor on Friday though and he said all traces of the viral infection are gone (or going away) and he cleared me to drive again. I kind of liked being driven everywhere, so I may fake a few "lingering symptoms" now and then - just don't tell Henry. ;)
My Grandma Connie was in town visiting this
weekend. I love living in North Texas
now because that means I get to see more of this amazing woman!
Seriously, y’all have no idea how much I love having her so close.
Seriously, y’all have no idea how much I love having her so close.
And now, our
weekly update (as told by the twins)…
Sleep: We've let mom sleep pretty good week – but every morning, around 4:00am, we remind
her who’s in charge by waking her up and sending her to the bathroom. We don’t want you to forget about us mom!
Cravings:
Peanut butter and ranch dressing! Not
together, of course – that’s gross. But we've managed to polish off an entire jar of peanut butter in one week, and
half a bottle of ranch dressing – our favorite is cucumber slices dipped in
ranch, mmm. We've also been drinking a lot of ice water (which means mom has
been making a lot of trips to the
bathroom!).
Symptoms:
We were promised lots of growing in the coming weeks, and that’s exactly what
these babies are doing! The “growing
pains” (round ligament pains) have continued, mostly in my lower abdomen (sporadic
sharp pains) and sides (stretching pains).
My back is also feeling the effects of my growing belly – I get restless
while sitting for too long at work and have to take more breaks just to get up
and walk around. And I now have to sleep
with a pillow tucked under my belly because just letting it hang is
uncomfortable (ha!). I wouldn't trade
these little pains/discomforts for the world though. Each one is a sweet reminder of the little
miracles growing inside of me and makes me more and more anxious to meet
them. I know we've still got a ways to
go, but I can’t help but wonder what they’re going to look like and what types
of personalities they’re going to have.
How we’re growing:
This week, we've started to grow toenails on our tiny little toes! And our hearts are now pumping about 25
quarts of blood every day. From head to
bottom, we’re about 4.5” long and weigh 3.5 ounces, each! In the next few weeks, we’ll be growing a lot
– get ready mom!
Best moment of the
week: Getting my appetite back! I didn't eat much last week because of the infection I had, and as a result, I
lost weight. :( I more than made up for the lack of eating
from last week though by stuffing my face every day this week, and it was
magical. Actually, I probably went a
little overboard a few nights – I ate so much I could hardly breathe! I relearned how to regulate my intake though
so I’m back to a normal pregnant-with-twins level of food consumption. :)
Another highlight of our week was going to mass at the Cathedral in downtown Dallas again. We felt especially blessed because we got to celebrate it with both sides of our families that live here in Dallas and my Grandma Connie. We absolutely love having family in town and are so thankful for the support we continuously receive from all of them. We know our sweet babies can truly feel just how loved they are.
Another highlight of our week was going to mass at the Cathedral in downtown Dallas again. We felt especially blessed because we got to celebrate it with both sides of our families that live here in Dallas and my Grandma Connie. We absolutely love having family in town and are so thankful for the support we continuously receive from all of them. We know our sweet babies can truly feel just how loved they are.
What Mom & Dad
are looking forward to this coming week: Getting back to our daily
walks! I know, I know, we've been
looking forward to this for the last three weeks. But with Henry’s school, and then me getting
sick, and then me slowly getting better, it just hasn't happened. Our poor dogs are going crazy being cooped up
in the apartment all the time. We will get back to walking this coming
week though – no more excuses! Also, Henry’s
parents are coming into town later this week, so we’re looking forward to
seeing them too!
Annie and Lilly wanted to have their pictures taken too...
Annie and Lilly wanted to have their pictures taken too...
Lilly liked the sign I made this week.
Annie is more of a close-up kind of gal.

Hello my puppy girls, your pictures are beautiful . . . Grammy loves you.
ReplyDeleteI too am so thankful and excited that Grandma Connie is closer to you now. The TWINkies are going to absolutely love her and that makes my heart happy. God willing she'll be around them for a long time. Who knows, they might learn to speak Spanish. Oh who are we kidding, she'll make them learn Spanish and that is awesome
ReplyDelete