Thursday, November 6, 2014

32 Weeks

I've somehow managed to get way behind on my posts.  This post was written to cover last week.  Hopefully I can catch up before these babies get here!

This is what 32 weeks and tired looks like...

We had two doctor’s appointments again this week – one with Dr. Weiss and one with Dr. Parnell.  Both went well.  Both doctors are very pleased with how me and the girls are doing, and Dr. Parnell’s nurse DeeDee was quite impressed with the fact that I haven’t had any major issues throughout the pregnancy and more so that I haven’t been put on bed rest, woot!

And now, our weekly update (as told by the girls)…

Sleep: Same as the last couple of weeks: I’ve been sleeping ok this past week.  Once I get into a comfortable position, I can sleep with no problems.  It’s getting into those comfortable positions that are tricky.  I’m pretty much at the point where turning over takes some serious effort.  And the weight of my belly leaves me waking up with sore, stiff hips sometimes too.  Again, this isn’t really something that bothers me while I’m sleeping; just when I wake up and try to move.  Overall I think I’m pretty lucky that I’m still able to sleep in my own bed and don’t really experience heartburn or any other side effects while trying to sleep (other than my numb, swollen hands).

Cravings: I haven’t really had any cravings this week, other than candy corn!  But I think that’s just because it was Halloween week and candy corn is everywhere. :D  And also, I love candy corn in general!

I have had kind of sporadic cravings for coconut slushes from Sonic, but that’s been an on-going thing for the last few weeks.  They’re so good!

Symptoms: I haven’t had any new symptoms this week either.  Just more swelling and tightness in my belly.  I don’t expect either of those to go away the closer we get to the big day.

How we’re growing: We’re still growing!  Each one of us is about 16.7 inches long and weighing about 3.75 pounds!  That means we each gained about half a pound in one week!  It's starting to get pretty cramped in here.  Good thing we only have a few more weeks to go!  We now have toenails, fingernails, and real hair (and not so much lanugo as before).  We've also continued to pack on the fat so our skin is becoming soft and smooth.

Best moment of the week: Hearing from both of our doctors how well the girls and I are doing.  Both Dr. Weiss and Dr. Parnell are confident that we'll make it to the 37 weeks before they force the girls out.  Hearing that was very encouraging and empowering.  Especially since so many people tell me "I don't think you're going to make it."  My doctors think I will, so I'm going to hold onto their professional opinions for the next few weeks.

What Mom & Dad are looking forward to this coming week: Continuing to setup the girls room.  These next few weeks are going to fly by and with each passing day, Henry gets more and more anxious about not having everything ready for them.  We've been working on packing our hospital bags for the last three weeks - oops!  We finally have the girls' coming-home outfits picked out.  Now we just have to pack everything else. :)

1 comment: