Friday, November 28, 2014

35 Weeks

So this post is a late... again. :(

Hopefully I'm able to catch up this week...


We’re one week away from our goal of 36 weeks… ONE WEEK!

And now, our weekly update (as told by the girls)…

Sleep: So Henry and I make bets now on whether or not I’ll be able to sleep every night and if I’ll stay the whole night in our bed or move to the couch.  Waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom has been a regular occurrence since early on in the pregnancy.  Lately though, after I go to the bathroom, I can’t fall back to sleep because I am so hungry!  In fact, I feel like I’m really hungry all the time now.  But middle of the night hunger is annoying.  I’m tired, so I really just want to go back to sleep.  But I can’t because I’m so hungry I start to feel nauseous.  And then the girls start to move and kick up a storm (I’m sure telling me that they’re hungry).  So I end up just getting up to eat something before eventually going back to sleep sometime around 2-3 hours later.

Cravings: Eggs!  I’ve eaten scrambled eggs (in either a sandwich or a burrito) for lunch almost every day this week.

Symptoms: My symptoms haven’t really changed from last week: Since being on sort-of bed rest, I’ve noticed that the swelling in my feet has gone down some, which is awesome!  My headaches have gone away too – woop woop!  I’ve also noticed, however, that the tightness in my belly has increased.  I think it may be because I’m resting more, which means the girls have more energy than before, which means they’re moving and pushing out on my belly more often.

How we’re growing: We’re both just over 18 inches long and weigh about 5.25 pounds!  Space is pretty snug here in mom’s belly, so we’re not doing flips anymore.  But mom can still feels us kick and move around.  Our kidneys are fully developed now and our livers are capable of processing some waste products.  Our basic development is mostly complete – now, we’ll just continue to gain weight until it’s time for us to be born!

Best moment of the week: Putting a little more prep work into the girls' room.  We cleared out the bookshelf that's in there - it was full of a lot of mine and Henry's books - and we replaced them all with the books we received from our Dallas Baby Shower (which I still haven't written about!).  We also put away the rest of their blankets and towels.  Their room is looking more and more complete every day!

What Mom & Dad are looking forward to this coming week: Our upcoming appointment with Dr. Weiss.  We’ll get to see the girls in another sonogram (even though they’re a bit difficult to make out on the screen now).  This is the appointment where he’s going to perform a Non-Stress Test on the girls, so we’re looking forward to seeing how they do.

We’re also looking forward to my Grandma Connie coming to visit us for the week and to hitting our goal of 36 weeks!  We’re almost there!! 

1 comment: