Monday, June 2, 2014

10 Weeks (Post #1)

Henry and I decided it would be a good idea to start chronicling our pregnancy so our family and friends can keep up with our progress from afar!  We meant to take our first belly picture this weekend, but found ourselves too busy having fun with our super awesome friends – Jeniece & Mikel – that came to visit us from Phoenix! :D

We met Mikel & Jeniece through the Religious Education program at St. Mary’s Basilica in Phoenix (Side note: This is an amazing church, y'all.  If you're ever in the PHX area, this is a must-see.  It was pretty much our second home while living in Phoenix) – we all taught the 3rd grade sacramental prep class together!  They’re pretty much the greatest friends ever and we were super sad to leave them when we moved to Dallas.  I cried (twice!) when we left Phoenix because I wasn’t sure I could live without Jeniece. (sadface)  We are incredibly thankful for their friendship and are pretty much over the moon excited that they came to visit us.

Apparently we were too excited to take a picture with them, but we got lots of pictures of the yummy food we ate and the places we visited.  I present to you, the Morales’ Weekend in Dallas (Day 1):


Annie waiting impatiently to go play with Auntie Jeniece and Uncle Mikel… and by play, I mean like their faces and get belly rubs.


Brunch at Bread Winners Café: The BW’s Benedict are ohmygoshtodiefor!


Brunch at Bread Winners Café: We caught a glimpse of some early bird partiers cruising the streets on the Buzz Bike.



Visiting Dealey Plaza where President JFK was assassinated.


There’s an “X” in the middle of the road that marks the exact spot the President was when he was assassinated. :(


Standing inside the JFK “Open Tomb” Memorial

We also ate super delicious wings and watched the Spurs beat OKC in overtime! :D

(Day 2):
We went to church at St. Joseph’s in Richardson…


and then had some amazing BBQ at Spring Creek, so good!


We visited the Pro Shop inside AT&T Stadium – Home of the Dallas Cowboys (woop woop!)
We also saw the Texas Ranger’s Baseball Stadium and Six Flags Fiesta Texas (but I didn’t get any pictures of either of those).

We ended the day with a little US vs Turkey soccer and some Ojeda’s Mexican food…


… and went old school with some Pink Bubblegum ice cream from Baskin Robbins!!

We had so much fun sightseeing and catching up with such great friends and can’t wait to do it again!!

We miss you guys already and hope to see you soon!!

And now, our weekly update (as told by the twins)…

Sleep: Mom has had some trouble getting comfortable and falling asleep, but once she’s settled in, she's been sleeping great!

Cravings: No cravings this week – Mom is just really thirsty all the time.  And we’ve just about had it with water and Sprite.  First item on this week’s shopping list – TEA!  It’s the summer time in Texas – we need us some sweet iced tea!  (Decaffeinated and with only a little bit of real sugar, of course ;)).

Symptoms: We’re getting bigger now (we're each 1.25" long!), so mom feels full all of the time – it’s hard for her to eat a full meal.  She has just been trying to snack more throughout the day to make sure she’s eating enough for herself and the both of us.  She has also mentioned that her back has started to hurt a little (sorry mom!).  She looked into some prenatal yoga classes offered at the hospital to help with her aches – they’re only $5 a class!!

Genders: Mom and Dad don’t know our genders yet.  They say it would be fun to have one boy and one girl.  For the time being, they’re just praying for happy, healthy babies!  What do you think we are!?

Best moment of the week: There were two!  Us and mom traveled allll the way to El Paso (we're not sure where that is, but we got to ride on an airplane!) and got to spend time with Grammy and Grandpa (Castro) and Uncle Marcos.  We also snuck in a quick visit with our other Grandparents too!  And then Auntie Jeniece and Uncle Mikel came to visit over the weekend (and mom ate... a lot!)! 

What Mom & Dad are looking forward to this coming week: Another week of our sweet babies growing and getting back into our walking routine with our puppies.

I’d like to say a quick Thank You to all of our family and friends that kept my mom in your prayers.  I made a quick trip over to El Paso the first half of the week because she was rushed to the hospital for intense abdominal pains.  Her gallbladder was pretty incredibly upset and they had to do emergency surgery to remove it.  I knew the whole time that she was going to be fine, but I had to be with her.  I am so thankful for the team of doctors and nurses that worked to help my mom feel better.  I’m thankful for my dad for being at my mom’s side the entire time – he even slept in those awful, uncomfortable chairs every night she was in the hospital.  I’m thankful for all of the prayers everybody sent while she was in surgery.  I’m thankful for my husband for understanding my need to be with my mom.  I’m thankful for having the means to travel on a day’s notice.  I’m thankful for a loving and comforting God who gave me the strength and peace to know that my momma was going to be alright.  I mean, she had to be – she has TWO grandbabies to see!!

That’s all for now! :)

P.S. I'm new to this whole blogging thing, and somehow the subsequent posts I made from when we found out we were pregnant, how we told our parents, when we found out we were having TWINS, and some pretty awesome family reactions leading up to now posted a little out of order.  I added the "Post #'s" to them so you know what order they were meant to be posted in.  Hopefully I can figure this all out soon!  Happy reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when we found you guys were leaving. I kept asking Mikel, "What are we going to do without Henry and Monique??" It was a sad time, but I know we will be friends forever! It was so nice being able to visit you guys, Dallas is a great city! They are lucky to have you and Henry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved having you guys visit too! And we're secretly hoping Mikel gets a job somewhere in this part of Texas so we can be closer! ;)

      Delete